Offering both morning and afternoon sessions to children aged 2-5, Tadworth Tots nursery is located within The Children’s Trust School, set within a 24 acre woodland site.
We have particular strength and experience in supporting children with:
• brain injury or neurological difficulties
• degenerative conditions
• complex health needs e.g. tracheostomy, assisted ventilation and suction
• complex learning and education needs
• daily medical intervention including medication giving and nursing care
• daily therapeutic needs including speech and language, occupational therapy and physiotherapy
• sensory impairments - visual, hearing or multi-sensory.
If you a have a child with additional learning needs they don’t usually have an EHCP. If following a period of assessment it is felt that an EHCP is required the nursery will work with parents to initiate the process.
Pupils in the EYFS benefit most from learning through a mixture of play, sensory experiences and more structured individual and group sessions. The EYFS curriculum is based on the following areas outlined in the statutory framework:
The ‘Prime’ areas:
1. Communication and language
2. Physical development
3. Personal, Social and Emotional development
The Specific areas:
3. Expressive arts & design
4. Understanding the world
Successful and meaningful learning for nursery pupils is shaped by the Early Years Foundation Stage and a strong focus is given to the three prime areas of learning:
• communication and language
• physical development
• personal, social and emotional development.
Each area of learning and development is delivered by skilled staff through planned, purposeful play and through a mix of adult-led and child-initiated activities. Nursery pupils also have access to available school resources including yoga, aquatic swim sessions, soft play, multi-sensory rooms, specialist music and Resonant Tails. Our Nursery are welcome to attend school lunch clubs which they can select according to their interests.