Running a stock collection for your local charity shop
Could you run a stock collection event for The Children’s Trust shops? If not, do you know someone who can?
To find out more about stock generation why not email us to discuss your ideas. Whatever you decide to do will make a real difference and help us to support thousands of children with brain injury and their families every year.
Just one bag of donated items can raise up to £20.
Last year our 20 charity shops raised over £1.8 million to support children with brain injury. And we couldn’t have done this without the support of our valued donors.
We’re always looking for good quality items to sell in our shops. You can drop off donations to your local shop; our team are looking forward to your visit.
What can I donate?
We accept a wide range of pre-loved goods and we need over 2,800 bags of donations every week. Here's a list of items that you can donate to help us to support children with brain injury:
- Shoes and handbags
- DVDs, CDs and Records
- Children's toys
Items we can collect for you
- Furniture (including clean mattresses and upholstered bed bases) - with fire labels
- Small electrical items – working and as new only.
Call our Crawley shop team to arrange collection of furniture on 01293 551 056
We can also collect clothing, accessories, jewellery, CDs and DVDs, books, children's toys and bric-a-brac at the same time.
Please make sure that if you are donating items to us, that they are clean and in good working condition.
...and some things we can't sell
There are some things we can't sell for safety or legal reasons. If you're not sure if we can sell your donations, please take a look at our list below.
Furniture and household items
- Upholstered furniture without a fire label including items without labels that are part of donated sets.
- Upholstered furniture with large tears or damage.
- Furniture with missing parts or damage that may make the item unsafe.
- Veneered wood furniture with damage to the veneer exposing the inner wood.
- Candles without instructions.
- White goods.
- Electric blankets.
- Electric showers.
- Sunbeds and tanning equipment.
- Waste disposal units.
- Power tools without instructions.
- Gas appliances (mains or bottled).
- Oil filled radiators (not supplied with a thermostat).
- Storage heaters hardwired.
Sports and safety equipment
- Buoyancy aids, lifejackets, inflatable dinghies unless new and boxed.
- Safety helmets, riding hats, crash helmets, cycle helmets.
- Safety harnesses of any sort.
- Firefighting equipment.
- Children's car seats.
- Toys without a CE mark.
- Software and hardware.
- Home recorded DVDs, video and audiotapes, computer games and software on recordable CDs and DVDs.
- Weapons, knives, swords, sword stocks, crossbows.
- Guns and ammunition (including replica guns).
- Duvets and pillows that have been used.
- Medication including vitamins.
- Prescriptions spectacles.
- Petrol or diesel fuelled garden tools such as lawnmowers.
- Real fur items.