Gift Aid

Make your donations worth 25% extra to The Children's Trust – at no extra cost to you!

If you are a UK taxpayer The Children's Trust can claim 25p from HMRC for every £1 you donate or give as sponsorship money.

Important Note: If you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all of your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

How can I Gift Aid my donations?

Online: Simply tick the Gift Aid box on the online gift form. If you’ve already made your donation then you can still Gift Aid your donations by filling in the short form below.

Telephone: Call our friendly Supporter Care team on 01737 364 349 and they will update your records.

Post: Download the form, fill it in and send it to the address shown.

I am a higher rate taxpayer

If you pay tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Please notify us if you would like to:

  • Cancel your Gift Aid declaration
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

Please let us know of any change in circumstances by contacting our Supporter Care team on 01737 365 349 or by email

Say Yes! to Gift Aid


Gift Aid FAQ

What is Gift Aid?

Gift aid is a government scheme which offers tax relief on donations to charities, enabling your donations to be worth more. It only works if you’re a UK taxpayer, because we reclaim the tax you’ve already paid – so it costs you nothing extra.

What does Gift Aid mean to me?

It means that you can give even more to The Children’s Trust without spending more. If you are a UK taxpayer and have paid sufficient amount in Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax over each of the last four years then we can reclaim gift aid on your donations for those past four years and until you notify us otherwise.

Can you still reclaim tax if I don’t work?

For most people, the answer is ‘yes’. You can qualify for Gift Aid as long as you’ve paid enough tax on pensions, savings, investments, rental income or capital gains. The amount you pay in tax has to be at least equal to the amount we reclaim on your donations from each of the last four years and going forward.

What else do I need to know?

If you haven’t paid equal or more tax than the donations we reclaim for in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any shortfall.

It is your responsibility to let us know if your circumstances change, meaning we are unable to reclaim gift aid on your donations. Until then we will continue claiming Gift Aid on your donations.

To update these details please call our supporter care team on 01737 364 349.