The London Marathon needs you!
Date: 23rd April 2017 Where: London, various locations Time: 8am – 2pm Every year we have over 150 runners taking on the challenge of running 26 miles in the London Marathon and raising money for children with brain injury. But they need your support, cheers and enthusiasm to spur them on throughout the day. We’re looking for energetic volunteers to help set up and run our various cheer points along the way, supporting the families of the runners and ultimately making sure we’re giving our runners the biggest cheer we can.
What we expect from our volunteers
- Commitment to your role
- Enthusiasm and a flexible approach
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Loud voices and friendly smiles to attract the runners attention
- A friendly and welcoming attitude for interacting with the families and friends of the runners
- Willingness to set up and take down the cheer points throughout the day
- Time required: 8am – 2pm
- We welcome families, and young volunteers. Please note any volunteers under 18 will need a parent/guardian consent form.
- We need over 50 volunteers to support the event
What our volunteers can expect from us:
- A full briefing of your role, sent two week prior to the event.
- Chance to have a unique experience playing a part in the London Marathon
- A fun and exciting volunteering opportunity
- The chance to learn new skills, such a teamwork, organisation and event management.
- A free t-shirt on the day.
‘‘A BIG, BIG thank you to all your supporters on the course; they were amazing! Their enthusiasm and energy spurred me on during the tough miles and gave me a real boost.”’’LM16 runner