Gift Aid on donated goods
Gift Aid your donation to make it go even further If you are a UK tax payer, we can increase the value of your donated goods. Simply complete our Gift Aid form in one of our shops. Adding value: Last financial year a record £136,000 was raised; a massive 20% increase from the previous year’s Gift Aid donations. Sign up today and join us to support more children with brain injury. Gift Aid is a tax efficient form of giving which adds approximately 25% to the value of ‘gifts’ to charities and has traditionally been restricted to cash donations. Our shop teams will support you in raising more than before from the same items.
- Download and complete the Gift Aid form on the right hand side of the page and put it in your bag of donations when you deliver them to your local Children's Trust shop
- You are a UK tax payer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
- You wish The Children’s Trust to act as your agent in selling the goods you have donated and agree to a commission of 2% for this service. Any items not sold will be disposed of and cannot be returned.
- You are a UK tax payer and you wish The Children’s Trust to reclaim the tax on all donations you have made in the last 4 years and any future donations you may make. (To qualify for Gift Aid you have to pay income and/or capital gains tax which is at least equal to the amount of tax we will reclaim in the appropriate tax year.)
- You are not acting as a business in selling your goods.
- Once you've signed up to Gift Aid your donated goods, we'll give you a Gift Aid Donor ID Card with your unique donor number. If you bring your card with you every time you donate to our shops, we can make your donations go further.
- When your items are sold, we'll let you know how much you've helped us raise and confirm that you're happy for us to treat the money as a Gift Aid donation. Then we can increase the value of your donated items, at no extra cost to you.