Brain Injury Specialists
Who do we support?
- Any child and young person (0-18 years) who has attended hospital with a confirmed or suspected brain injury as a result of an accident or illness.
- Therapists and Clinical Nurse Specialists with expert knowledge of acquired brain injury.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary team at NHS major trauma centres and the surrounding areas.
- Follow up within 6 weeks of leaving hospital.
- Help with identifying changes related to the brain injury.
- Help to understand the brain injury and the difficulties that may occur.
- Make referrals to other services as appropriate.
- Home and/or school visits to provide advice and support.
- Training for professionals working with the child.
- Support at key points in a child's life.