Brain Injury Community Team
Who are we? A team of occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and a neuropsychologist specialising in paediatric acquired brain injury. Who do we support? School aged children living with the medium and long-term effects of an acquired brain injury who may have difficulty with:
- Cognitive and/or communication skills
- Emotion and behaviour
- Learning skills
- Taking part in everyday activities
Leighton's StoryWhat can we provide?
Leighton was diagnosed with an acquired brain injury when he was in secondary school following surgery for a temporal lobe brain tumour. Leighton’s assessment and programme of support from The Children’s Trust resulted in many positive changes for Leighton and his family. Read Leighton's Story
- Support for children and families across the UK.
- Initial needs assessments and report.
- Comprehensive inter-professional assessments.
- Flexible needs-led support programmes delivered at home, in school and the community.
- Clinical support at key transition points.
- Education, advice and training for local services and schools.