The Children’s Trust, Tadworth is a national charity working with children with acquired brain injury, multiple disabilities and complex health needs. We are based at a 24 acre site in Tadworth, Surrey but offer our services to children from across the UK.
That all children with brain injuries, multiple disabilities and complex health needs have the opportunity to live the best life possible.
For children with brain injuries, multiple disabilities and complex health needs and their families, we aim...
- to be an internationally-recognised centre of excellence for care, rehabilitation, education and research
- to reach out to children and families in their own community
- to provide expert advice, training and information
- to make our voice heard.
The combination of services offered by The Children’s Trust is unique. Every year we help hundreds of children and young people and their families from across the UK through:
- Rehabilitation and other services for children and young people with acquired brain injury:
- Expert nursing and medical care for children with multiple disabilities and complex health needs:
- Services for technology-dependent children
- Services for technology-dependent babies
- Short breaks (either at our site in Tadworth or in the family home)
- Transitional care from hospital to home for technology-dependent children
- Continuing residential care
- Residential or home-based palliative care, including emergency palliative care
- Holiday camps for children with disabilities and complex health needs
- Special education for children and young people with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and complex health needs:
- Residential and day education for learners aged 0-19 at The School for Profound Education (formerly St Margaret's School)
- Residential education for students aged 19-25 at The College for Profound Education
- Publication of The Profound Education Curriculum, a developmental curriculum for learners with PMLD
- Training and support for special education professionals
- An outreach teaching service for young adults with PMLD in residential care
- Information, research and policy development:
- Support, training and education for families and professionals
- Research into better treatments and outcomes for children with multiple disabilities and complex health needs
- Giving disabled children and their families a greater public voice.
We have an unparalleled reputation in our field thanks to our commitment to meeting the diverse needs of these children and their families, coupled with our ability to deliver the best possible combination of nursing, therapy, medical care and education.
The specialist services we provide come at a cost which is not fully met by statutory sources, so we rely on voluntary donations from our supporters. Your donations help fund building works, key members of staff, new equipment, leisure and play activities and much more!
Click here to find out about our current fundraising projects and how you can get involved and make a real difference to the lives of the children we support.